Just to show that I can in fact take a hint, I finally got motivated to wear my new petticoat bodies to fighter practice and take a few mug shots next to the gym.
Now for me to nitpick everything wrong with it:
Also, because of the eleventh hour necessity to split it up the back, the bottom of the backmost tabs are taking way too much strain and so can't lace well. It's kind of my own fault for having such a dramatic bit of shaping at the side back seam, but it doesn't effect the overall look too much.
Those issues aside, I am tickled to death with how it turned out. It is exactly what I envisioned when I put the two fabrics together. I wore it for the better part of the afternoon and there were not any screaming comfort issues.
Also, at two years after I'd finished my lovely embroidered coif, I finally have an excuse to wear it.